1. Authorisation to act as Agent
I confirm that taxreturns.ie (Tain 74991L) with an address at Croghan, Rhode, Tullamore, Co. Offaly act as my agent in dealing with all aspects of the filing of my Irish income tax return, including the submission of refund or credit claims, allowances or reliefs. I confirm that this authorisation will remain in force until Revenue is formally notified of its cessation by either myself or taxreturns.ie
2. Authorisation for Agent to receive refunds on behalf of client
I authorise the transfer of any refund or repayment of PAYE/Income Levy/Universal Social Charge due to me by the Revenue Commissioners by electronic funds transfer to the following bank account which is held by taxreturns.ie
Name of Account Holder: HG Tax Returns LTD
I understand that any refund made by the Revenue Commissioners to my agent, taxreturns.ie, on my behalf is refunded in a similar manner as if same were being refunded directly to me and that once the refund is transferred into the bank account nominated by me I have no further call upon the Revenue Commissioners in respect of same. I understand that taxreturns.ie is acting as my agent and is solely responsible to me in respect of any refund received by them on my behalf. I further understand that my agent, taxreturns.ie, is an independent entity and that the Revenue Commissioners make no endorsement of my agent or any such agency and cannot accept any responsibility whatsoever for problems encountered by me in dealing with them.
I understand and agree that taxreturns.ie will input its own bank account details on the Revenue record for the duration of this mandate and will remove these details on the cessation of the mandate.
I confirm that I am aware of, and agree to, the payment of the fees charged by taxreturns.ie in respect of the services carried out on my behalf and that this fee will be deducted from any amount refunded by Revenue and that the balance of this amount will be paid to me.
3. Terms and Conditions of Authorisation
I understand that Tax law provides for both civil penalties and criminal sanctions for the failure to make a return, the making of a false return, facilitating the making of a false return, or claiming tax credits, allowances or reliefs which are not due.
I confirm that I will provide the necessary documentation to taxreturns.ie to support any refund, credit claims or claims for allowances and reliefs mad e to Revenue on by behalf by taxreturns.ie.
I confirm that I will provide details of all my sources of income to taxreturns.ie.
I understand that taxreturns.ie is required to retain a copy of all documentation relating to any refund or credit or allowance or relief claimed by the agent on my behalf and that the agent will be required to produce same to Revenue upon request.
CLIENT AGREEMENT WITH AGENT
I hereby confirm that:
- I have signed the Client Declaration Form to authorise taxreturns.ie to be my agent and to represent me in all submissions and correspondence, to prepare my tax return(s) and represent me before the Revenue and the Department of Social Protection for the current tax year and the four preceding tax years.
- I understand that all refunds and calculations are subject to agreement with the Irish Tax Authorities.
- I confirm that I have provided accurate information and completed all forms honestly and hold receipts and documentations on file to support allowable expenses included in my tax return(s).
- I authorise TaxReturns.ie to receive and process any refunds due to me and remit the refund less their commission by bank transfer. I agree a commission rate of 7% + VAT, min charge if refund €25 + VAT, if no refund is due there is no charge. Should I avail of any additional services, I understand additional fees may apply.
- Where I receive the refund from any source other than TaxReturns.ie, I agree to send the agreed commission to TaxReturns.ie within a period of 3 days by way of electronic fund transfer (EFT) or bank draft. At the expiration of that period, any outstanding amount on the account will be subject to interest by virtue of the Statutory Interest on Late Payments (Commercial Transactions) Regulations 2002.
TaxReturns.ie tax agent confirm that:
- We will deal with all your tax documents in the most confidentially and efficient manner. Once we are registered as your agent, we will review and submit your tax returns to the Revenue Commissioners within 3 working days.
- The Revenue Commissioners will send both you as customer and us as agent a copy of a tax statement when a tax refund review is complete. We will check this statement the day it arrives to ensure it is correct and contact you for payment details the same day. Payment will be made within 3 working days of receipt of your payment details.
- We will retain and protect your personal information as per the relevant data protection legislation and will continue to act as your tax agent until you notify us otherwise.